Canadian Business Ethics
4-HR ON-DEMAND COURSE
This course provides a complete walkthrough of business ethics in the Canadian workplace. It contextualizes challenging ethical issues that CPA members and their organizations are facing across the country.
On demand, 4 hour(s)
This course provides a complete walkthrough of business ethics in the Canadian workplace. It contextualizes challenging ethical issues that CPA members and their organizations are facing across the country. Keeping the CPA Code of Conduct in mind, it provides detailed step-by-step guidance on how to deal with unethical situations as an individual and as a business.
It also discusses ways to promote and enforce ethical behaviour in the workplace. Case studies are used to contextualize theoretical concepts and frameworks, so that all CPA members feel confident tackling tough situations and cultivating ethical workplace environments. This course is designed for all CPA members across Canada in the corporate, not-for-profit and public sectors, including board members, managers, auditors, controllers and other staff.
- Return on investment of ethical behaviour
- Role of the Professional Accountant in a capitalistic society
- Ethical issues in the accounting profession
- CPA Code of Conduct
- How to respond to unethical people in the workplace
- Ethical decision-making framework, pitfalls and case studies
- How to promote ethical behaviour
- Organization-wide ethical threats and safeguards
- Corporate culture, tone at the top and ethical leadership
What others have said about this course:
“Great course and great examples to help me understand the ethical issues in accounting and business and how to deal with them.”
“Very good course.”
“Good content, good presenter.”